Hello brides-to-be! My name is Lindsey and I’m co-owner of Tesori Bridal in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Kim has asked Tesori to give our best tips and information regarding everything you need to know about a bridal appointment.
Image by Megan Burgess
1. Dresses take on average 4-6 months to arrive in store once you place your order so be sure and shop early. We recommend shopping at least 9 months before your wedding date. (If you don’t have that much time…don’t fret most bridal gown designers have a rush option for a fee and many stores will have a section of gowns to purchase off the rack.)
2. Scheduling your appointment on a week day has its perks. The busiest day for most bridal salons is Saturday which means we are always on a strict time schedule. When a bride comes during the week we get to be a little more relaxed and depending on the time/day the bride and her guest may have a semi-private appointment.
Image by Megan Burgess
3. If you are going to try on during the weekend be sure and make your appointment at least 2 weeks in advance because weekends always book up first.
4. Although we tend to think more is better, that’s not always the case when deciding on who you should bring to your appointment. Bring only your closest family/friends whose opinion you trust most. Sometimes too many people can be overwhelming for the bride.
Image by Jo Johnson / Megan Burgess
5. Often times brides go with the complete opposite of what they originally came in wanting. We love to see brides try on a few different silhouettes to 100% rule out certain styles.
6. Keep an open mind to your bridal consultants suggestions as they help brides every day choose dresses and you might be surprised with what they pull! But, at the same time don’t be afraid to tell them you don’t like a style because at the end of the day it’s truly about what the bride wants.
7. Have a budget in mind you want to stick to before coming in to try on dresses. Having a budget will help your bridal consultant pull dresses within the range you are wanting to spend and help keep you on track.
8. Not all brides shed a tear when they find THE dress…if you don’t feel like crying when you have “found the gown” that’s okay. Not everyone does!
To schedule your appointment at Tesori, call 479-966-4622. They are located at 577 E. Millsap Road in Fayetteville, Arkansas.